Re: what's III+ suffixes for use in organizing program

At 05:52 PM 6/28/99 -0700, mike shupp wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Norman Bauman wrote:
>
>> I wish there was something like batch files to use in Windows 98, but so
>> far I haven't found anything. Anybody know?
>
>There's some sort of "Scripting" that works with Windows.

There's the Windows Recorder, but you couldn't edit the recording, and it
took me more trouble to run the recording script than it did to click the
actual program.

With my DOS programs, I could select a menu option from my batch file, take
a shower, and come back to collect my email. Over the years, I had pretty
much automated everything that was done repeatedly. With Windows, I have to
log on, click different programs, and watch over it for 5 minutes in order
to collect my email.

>(There's a disadvantage to using DOS batch files however, in that they can
>add/delete/move/etc, files without informing the Registry, and this may
>not be a good idea for some of your applications.)

Oh, that's why files sometimes wind up on my "Documents" folder, and
sometimes don't.

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019