Re: XyShell Clipboard and conversion of ANSI characters

Robert,
I also believe that it is not possible
to set font to Lucida Console in a DOS box under Win98SE (Properties
give me a set of bitmap or True Type fonts but without a specific name).
An interesting post by Brian Henderson has addressed this issue.
If I follow the procedure you have outlined (vga FONT cp 1252.fnt), my
keyboard doesn't work properly (the displayed characters are completely
different to the ones I am attempting to write).
Set up an ANSI KeyBoarD file! Surely they're not "completely" different!
Surely in range 32-127, they're what they always were. So if you have
keystrokes that are dedicated to putting out high chars >127, remap them so
that they agree with ANSI. This should be very very easy to do -- how many
such keys do you have anyway? 10? 20? Easy! Create an ANSI.KBD, by starting
with your present KBD file, and making a few changes.

I suppose it would be necessary to customize the printer file. Am I right?
Moreover, I obtain an ugly effect: lines that surround XyWrite menus are
replaced by different alpahnumeric characters (ú, Ä).
It's not a real problem. Cosmetic.

> But I do believ you'll want to retain those "ugly" surround lines,
since ú and Ä are both characters you'll be wanting to see on-screen -- yes?
With my current codepage (850) I have all those characters on-screen and
printing works without any problem.

Anyhow, I'll give a try to your suggestions as soon as I have time enough.

Best regards,
Manuel Castelao