Re: Ignorant XY4 question

>Even when installing XY under *pure* DOS, you are likely to run
>into trouble if any TSR's are running. I suggest reinstalling
>after a clean boot with nothing loaded.
>Cheers,
>Nathan Sivin

The only TSR that I use (and have been for ages) is a minimalistic
one that fixes the annoying "shift toggle" function in IBM
keyboards (tHE oNE tHAT cAUSES tEXT lIKE tHIS). That has never
caused any problem; but you are right, I'll try that.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "The Germans [of the Nazi era] were excellent. For us they were
-- good. They drew the borders of Albania as they should be. I missed
-- them." Sejdi Gashi, 84, Albanian refugee, Kosovo, awaiting Kfor