Typing in Shorthand

From: Morris Krok mailto:essence@xxxxxxxxessence@xxxxxxxx

 One would ask what is the purpose of this program. It came about because I was imputting a great deal of information in a Psion palm held computer while in bed or when I used it during the day. This information I would input in shorthand with or without slash / as no expansion would take place in the Psion. If one wanted the abbreviation to expand immediately do not use the slash but press the space bar. The abbreviation can have the first letter in caps and the expansion should still occur even though no caps appears in the personal dictionary file. You will also find that if a punctuation mark is inserted immediately after the shortform without any intervening space, Xywrite will still expand the abbreviation and include the punctuation mark at the end after pressing the space bar. However if you get accustomed to this novel way of inputting text you will find that it is quicker and very silent as the space bar creates a little noise when pressed.

 I know of the shorthand 7 program but as I am old fashioned I prefer what is already built into XyWrite for Dos. Once the text is produced in dos any windows based worprocessor will be able to use it, if this is the way you wish to take format it for printing or publishing.

 I must add that the writing of this program is based on what I learnt from XyWrite Revealed by Herber Tyson.