Re: Two problems

> On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, nikki meredith wrote:
>
> > -- I have Windows 95 but I'm running Xy4 in Dos. When I go into Dos from
> > Windows half the time I get a full screen and half the time I get a
> > truncated one. I've done everything it suggests in both programs to
> > maximize windows but nothing changes. If I start in Dos, I always get a
> > full screen but it means I can't go back and forth as easily. Has anyone
> > else encountered this problem?

And A. Joseph Ross commented:

> I don't use Windows 95, but I would imagine there must be some setting in
> Windows to control when you get a full screen and when you get half
> screen. If not, I don't know what to suggest.

There is indeed such a setting. But I can't solve the problem unless I
know, Nikki, if you have created a shortcut on your desktop for XyWrite,
or whether you run it from your startup bar, or whether you just open a
Dos window and type editor. Or what?

In any event, if you find yourself in a half-screen window, if you press
alt+enter, your window will instantly be maximized, and the reverse is
true as well.

Mr. Ross then continued:

> I use OS/2, where it is configured in the settings notebook for the
> program.

Of what use is this information to a user of Windows 95?

--Leslie--