Re: TameDOS for vDOS-lfn

Ed,

It's not clear yet that the version of Tame that's so beneficial can be run
with vDos. Stay tuned. But the motive for running the older version (4.41)
was to lower CPU usage, which often went to 100% went Xy was NOT the active
window, and to get faster and smoother cursor movement. But neither of
these seem to be a problem with vDos for Xy.

The later versions can provide nice displays, even mixing in a smaller font
size. See the screenshot of what I can do in regular, NTVDM-based, Xywrite
on a 32-bit system (used in an email to David Thomas of Tame):

http://www.hblist.com/p/XyTame.jpg

Regards,
Harry

I seem to have missed something, possibly because the web interface for this list replaces text with this string: ≪< text/html: EXCLUDED ≫> So I can't find any message that explains what might be gained by running Tame in vDos-lfn. Could someone kindly explain why Tame ought to be used? Thank you!