Re: XYWIN CUSTOMI

In his list of things he would like documentation on, Chet
Gottfried also said: "Finally: An option for a better "expanded"
font."

Personally I agree completely with you, unfortunately it isn't
quite so simple. When the product was originally built, the
decision was made to use a monospaced font for draft and mode.
Windows does not make many monospaced fonts available, however,
and the one you see is basically it.

The only real solution would be to go to a proportional spaced
font, and then use the typical sans serif Arial type font. That
involves a fairly substantial rewrite of all three display modes
other than WYSIWYG, and although I agree it would be a definite
improvement (and you are certainly not alone in asking about
this) it has stayed below the top of the priority pile opposite
the major functional enhancements we have been working on. I
will renew the discussion internally and see if anyone's
perception of the level of effort to accomplish this has
changed.

K.