XYWIN CUSTOMI

XY-> Kenneth Frank:

 -> pretty weak. Without undertaking a major writing exercise here, we are
 -> willing to make reasonable additional materials available if we can get an
 -> idea of what would be useful.

My own dream list would include a simplified (alternative) or
better-commented XWDLG.DLG. (It's an amazing program but
considering that XPL-HP can be modular, I'd prefer to see it in
segments. Consider how easy it is to slip up: In 4.11, the search
function was lost; in 4.12 user characters may be confounded.)

Also: Acceptance of the Windows character set. It's great to have
so many extra characters, but considering incompatibilities of
XyWrite with, say, Quark or WordPerfect, for such characters as
the fraction 3/4, it makes for unnecessary headaches.

Finally: An option for a better "expanded" font.

--Chet

P.S. Welcome to the list!

P.P.S. Consider Visual Basic. A basic word processing template
can go from an included set for $100 to $300 or more (and
wouldn't have a fraction of the features of XyWrite). You could
probably sell a base XWDLG.DLG to programmers, instead of having
people fight with a 799K monster.

---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx