FN's

I have some 60 footnotes in a first chapter. I want to print them as
endnotes (DF). I want each to look like this: 1. The Great Gatsby, etc...
where the endnote number is followed by a period and a space then
the text of the note. But after trying all the commands in the reference
guide, I can't get the result. I get: 1The Great Gatsby etc. Seem logical
that either the FM (footnote format) command or the SF, footnote number
command, would address this. I know I'm missing something obvious,
but....
Thanks,

Michael Norman