Re: XyWrite Development

Mr. Frank,

If you really want to make DOS users such as myself happy, you
might ask your developers to figure out a way to (1) adopt the DOS color modes to
Windows--vital for people such as myself who do a lot of
redlining and (2) allow the keyboard to take total control as it
does in DOS. As you know, some of the keys in the Windows
version are co-opted by Windows functions.

I will not add to the Operating System wars here but I cannot
resist the crack that Windows has contributed to Congressman
Henry Hyde's now famous speech about the "dumbing down of
America." I realize all to will that you have to market your
product to what today's users want, but I just have to say I hate
GUIs, I hate icons, and I have no respect for people who think
that doing so simple a task as:

copy a:*.* c:\xy\data is "arcane."

Therefore, I hope you will consider those of us mossbacks who
still like to tinker and will make the Windows version even more
adoptable than it already is. It sure beats any other Windows
product on the market!

Best,

--Leslie Bialler--

ps,

I did get your voicemail and I called back. You were out but
someone took a message for you. Hope you got it.