Re: Fwd: Xy4/DOS quirk?

Reply to notes from (1) "Yo Intl."  Mon, 05 Jun 2000 07:38:22 0900
and (2) Wolfgang Bechstein Mon, 05 Jun 2000 09:08:01 0900, who
report that func NI doesn't work for them. As I suggested in my response to Jeff, your experience may vary depending on OS or hardware (the latter perhaps the more likely culprit). I see now that geography may also be a factor. We seem to be well on our way toward documenting that func NI is ineffectual in Japan. Peter? But seriously, folks, it's times like this one wishes that David Erickson contributed here. He's one of the few people (if not the only one) who could explain to us authoritatively how NI is supposed to work and why it sometimes doesn't. Any hardware jockeys here who might hazard an explanation? I haven't a clue. I suspect, though, that all motherboards are not created equal. -------------- Carl Distefano CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/