Re: MS-Word saves in XY4?

Harry Binswanger wrote:
> Unclear which direction you want to go--is it Xy to Word or Word to Xy?
> Your first sentence implies Xy to Word, but your last sounds like
> opening a Word file in Xy.

  XY to Word.

> At any rate, have you tried NotaBene as an intermediary? I just opened a
> Word .doc file in it, and it did nicely with the footnotes, running
> header, block quotes, and subheads.

   I wouldn't mind using NB instead of XY, actually, from what I've
seen of it it looks nice, but $250 for an upgrade price for a word
processor that doesn't use the opendocument format is a bit much. The NB
people don't seem to have much of a grasp on the future either, i.e., no
plans for xml, let alone Macs or linux. In fact, AFAICS, it isn't even a
win32 app, still a win16. I *do* like the IBID and other features tho,
and if I had a spare $250 to blow, might go for it.

--
Harmon Seaver