Re: Spanish vowels and accent table

** Reply to message from Correo Fenda  on Fri, 16 Sep
2005 13:18:21 +0200

> The default spelling dictionnary I am using is the PCLex Spanish one
> (ESPANA.DIC). In Spanish texts acute vowels are very common and they are
> produced using S1 "dead" accent assigned to a key (it's also possible
> but slower to use the menus: Insert/Accent). But, if I attempt to verify
> a text written this way, XyWrite apparently reads acute vowels as
> separators. For example: "automático" is read as "autom" by the speller
> and it ignores the remaining letters. No problem with n tilde (lowercase
> or uppercase).

Get and LOAD SEPARATR.PRN, a multi-CodePage Separator Table:
 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/SEPARATR.ZIP
Comment out four lines in it, according to your Code Page (437/850, or 1252)

> In ansified XyWrite the standard ACCENTS.PRN is
> not used anymore and I manage the spelling in a very different
> way: I have to convert my texts to standard XyWrite (via
> Robert Holmgren's ANSI2XY utility) and they are perfectly
> codified when I run the speller.

Try ACNT1252.PRN, an Accent Table for Code Page 1252:
 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/ACNT1252.ZIP
This table excludes lowercase y diaeresis (y-"umlaut") because it is a
three-byte character 255, and Accent Tables don't work with three-byte
characters.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx