Re: BN seriously

another question about speedo fonts and NB or SW.

I sometimes need Eastern European, Turkish, etc. characters. If you use TT
fonts in XyWin, you can insert the speedo chars using the characters menu
no matter what font your using, although they don't always match the font
you're using very closely. The character menu in NB is much less handy, and
doesn't include any characters not in the first (English) ISO character set.

When I open a XyWin file with these characters in NB, not only do all the
usual foreign language characters display wrongly, the upper characters for
the Speedo sets display as boxes; when I switch to expanded view, they
appear with their code number (e.g. [350]) as they do in expanded view in
XyWin.

Do the people who see the speedo fonts with a strikethrough on their screen
see the upper characters as well?

I gather that in the much more expensive "Lingua" version of NB, you can
"put accents on anything": does that include polish slash-Ls, etc.?