notepad and SAD pgm

Carl and Robert:
I'd like to add Carl's SAD-then-launch-notepad program to the U2. This raises three questions:
1. I think it was recently decided to document user changes some way (in
the registry?) so that upgrading preserves them.
2. I can never remember the command for modifying and saving the in-use U2.
I tried looking with the help file for such things as "editing xywwweb.u2"
but to no avail.
3. Wasn't there going to be some way that XyShell was going to be made
available without having to buy Rexx? I note that CLIP requires XyShell.
And I seem to recall Robert saying that he's not supporting the attempt to
install XyShell.

TIA,
Harry

Harry Binswanger