Re: DB vs. CP

In a message dated 97-02-07 Harry B. writes:

≪Wouldn't it be simple it be simple to assign ≪lb≫to a key, and the
se/≪lb≫/ onto another key? You could put in as many ≪lb≫ markers as you
wanted, which
 would require some repeated searches to get the one you intended. But if you
 rarely need more than 3 bookmarks, this is a simple solution. ≫

Actually, that's exactly what Stop Codes do in XyWrite, using the NT (note)
command. What Stop Codes as implemented from the menus do, however, is
display a user-writable prompt on the prompt line. And what my enhancement
does is to allow the user to display the prompts in a dialog box and jump to
any of them in any order. But I agree that XyWrite (as usual) provides many
ways to skin this cat, and LB or NT or IV commands could all be put to good
use.

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx