Re: StarOffice -Reply -Reply -Reply

Rene v. Rentzell wrote:

> There is a program in Germany called "Euroscript". I've never seen
> it, but from the descriptions I have read, I very much suspect
> it is XYwrite 3 in drag (maybe in Lederhosen).

Yes, Euroscript is (was?) a German version of XyWrite. It started with
version 2, and usually was about one generation behind the XyQuest
product. I briefly tried it at a computer show in Germany some years
ago. It was produced by a company in Munich (Lederhosen alright), the
name of which escapes me now. I don't know whether it is still available.

Besides that, XyQuest itself offered a German spell checker and
thesaurus package for Signature. I bought it, and with some help from
XyQuest, I was able make it work with XyWrite IV for DOS. I am still
using it, switching between English and German as needed. The spell
checker, like most of its ilk, mostly is useful for catching the
occasional typo, but the thesaurus is a gem, with lots of
alternatives, some of them delightfully off-the-wall.

Wolfgang Bechstein        NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: wolfie@xxxxxxxx
J/E/G technical translation   Tel 81-43-461-5911 Fax 81-43-461-5910