Re: OT: some questions for our Apple + Parallels Users

Dear friends,
Apparently, the same is possible in Parallels. See:
http://kb.parallels.com/en/115007
I have been using Win XP under Parallels in Mavericks, El Capitan and
Sierra without any problem for years. In fact, I didn't migrate to the
new Vdos model because this configuration works perfectly (I'using
ansified XyWrite and I would have to adapt ansified XyWrite to the new
environment).

Best regards,
Manuel

Kari Eveli wrote:
Jordan, There are several caveats in all of this: - XP is not well suited for virtualization, period - XP needs a new license when installed in a VM - Acronis images are not portable as such to Mac - Parallels might not be ideal for trying this I will not say that it cannot be done, but it may prove to be more than you bargained for. One possible approach I would suggest is using vmWare to convert the Acronis image and Fusion to set up the Win on Mac part, see: https://www.vmware.com/id/support/windows_to_mac.html It would make much more sense to repurchase the missing PC software disks needed or to replace the programs somehow, and to install them in a new PC with a current OS. P.S. I have no experience of doing PC to Mac heart transplants, so the patient may die. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/