Re: OT: some questions for our Apple + Parallels Users

Jordan,

There are several caveats in all of this:
- XP is not well suited for virtualization, period
- XP needs a new license when installed in a VM
- Acronis images are not portable as such to Mac
- Parallels might not be ideal for trying this

I will not say that it cannot be done, but it may prove to be more than
you bargained for.

One possible approach I would suggest is using vmWare to convert the
Acronis image and Fusion to set up the Win on Mac part, see:

https://www.vmware.com/id/support/windows_to_mac.html

It would make much more sense to repurchase the missing PC software
disks needed or to replace the programs somehow, and to install them in
a new PC with a current OS.

P.S. I have no experience of doing PC to Mac heart transplants, so the
patient may die.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)