Smart Suite and reading Word files.... -Reply

Yes, I believe the new version requires Warp 4.0

>>> "Jonathan Beard"  05/14/98 03:06pm

I am using Xy 3.54 and 4 under OS/2, Warp, recently upgraded to
FixPack 35. A few months ago I bought the first version of Lotus
SmartSuite for OS/2. I did not do much with it, but my wife has told
me that the word processing program in it can translate and read
files written in Microsoft Word. That would be useful to me because
I sometimes get Word files as attachments to e-mail.  I played with
Lotus Word Pro in it for a while, but it was so slow and cumbersome
compared to XyWrite that there did not seem to be any point to
learning it.

Now there is a new version of SmartSuite out, and with the
academic
discount it would cost $81. But I have been told that it will not
run under Warp, that I will need to change to Merlin, aka OS/2 4, in
order to run any of it. Something about 32-bit code. Is this true?

Jonathan
Jonathan D. Beard
Science Writer-Photo Researcher
938 N. Alameda, Las Cruces, NM 88005-2125 USA
jbeard@xxxxxxxx voice 505-647-0850