Re: Xywrite antiques

"Yo Intl." wrote:

> I hope so. Except... is anybody going to port XY to Linux?

That's extremely unlikely, for a whole host of reasons, some of which you can
probably guess. Even if the program got released to public domain status
(removing any of the legal issues), I really doubt that anyone could / would
attempt a port like this. Xy was written in Assembler -- the reason it is so
quick and compact. Maybe one of the programmers among us will contradict
this, but my assumption would be that code like this is _the hardest_ to
port. I know next to nothing about Linux, but your best bet is apt to be the
addition of a "Dosbox" (like the one in OS/2) to the Linux environment. That
should resolve the issue. Maybe one of the popular desktop shells like KDE
already offers this ?

Jordan