Re: Xywrite antiques

Ed Cray wrote:

> More to the point, will Microsoft's new model run our old DOS-based
> programs?

 >From what I have heard, which may or may not be accurate, their plan was to
phase out support for running DOS or Win-16 software. For MS, marketing-wise,
it might make sense to keep herding the user base (note the sheep analogy) in
the direction MS wants them to go: having to buy later versions of their buggy
bloatware, which is to have the much stricter registration procedures they are
introducing, designed to cut down on copying or sharing of s/w but which will
also become a major PITA for the users . . . say, after a major crash when you
need to re-install things.

Jordan