Xy to Word conversion

For some time, I've been touting WordPerfect as a great intermediary for file
conversions. Attached is a macro that saves the current Xy file as WordPerfect
and then calls Word and puts the temp file in it. It preserves some fonts, and
it preserves bullets, curly quotes, some accents, em-dashes, text modes (but
not ligatured letters like ff, fl). Hint: when you want italic plus anything,
insert italic first. You could also get some other word processor to read the
WPerfect file, but Word does it automatically.

The program will also save selected text within a document (but lose some
formatting; I'm working on that). Also, beware that each time WORD.PGM is run,
it opens a new instance of Word.

Assumptions: You have the filters and they're stored in a directory set in the
WW default. You have no save/get conflicts (though this program uses only
temporary (2-digit) ones).

Usage: from an open file, type Run word.pgm on the command line and press
enter.

This is obviously not perfect, but it works as well as anything I've seen.

Enjoy.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx

XyWrite XPL program