Re: Xy to Word

--- George Scithers  wrote:
> Search -- where the search string can include wild cards -- and
> change invisible and change visible (all work much faster and
> more reliably than the MicroSquish version)

This is one thing that keeps me tied to XyWrite. I use wild card
searches constantly. When I'm converting documents from Xy to Word, I
go through the document and make sure I've done those kind of searches
before I convert, because even the simplest are such a pain in Word.

Another is the set of little macros combining text and functions that
I've created over the years...and the ability to create more-with ease
and flexibility-whenever I need them.

I'm not a techie. I can't stand dealing with software/hardware issues.
All I want is something that works (like my radio, my automobile,
etc.).

I eagerly await NB 8 release, because I'm hoping that it will allow me
to work as I always have without dealing with all the work-arounds
necessary with Xy...although for straight writing I'll use Xy as long
as it's possible.

Word is horrible for working with text as text. It's okay for
formatting, as Robert said.

I use XyWrite all day long every day. Thanks to Carl and Robert, I've
been able to adapt to new hardware, to XP, etc. I don't know what I
would do without their expertise.

As for what will be readable 50 years in the future, the only thing I
trust is paper.

Lisa Kleinholz
www.kleinholz.com