Re: XyWin under OS/2 -Reply

** Reply to note from Steve Crutchfield
 12/18/95 09:22am  -0500

> I run XyWin under OS/2 with no particular problems (well, no problems
> relating to OS/2, that is - Win 3.1 is another matter!)
> > The peculiarity I've found is that you should change the settings for XyWin
> running in a "seamless windows" session to "Minimize to the Desktop". If
> it's set at "Minimize to Viewer" or "Hide" it doesn't pop up when you select
> "Show" from the OS/2 window list.  > > Other than that, it works fine for me - as well as with Win 3.1
> > Your mileage, of course, may vary
> > Steve

Thanks to Steve for a useful tip. I, too, happily run XyWin under
OS/2 with no problems (and  many benefits). Here's another way
to solve the disappearing XyWin window: If you leave  the
setting to "minimize to viewer", you can open the minimized
window icon and then right  mouse click on the XyW icon and
click either Restore or Maximize to reopen XyWin. It is true
that double-clicking the XyWin icon does not work; it does with
every other application I  use. I like keeping the Min. Window
icon open as a small window with the icons set to "small"  and
"non-flowed". This way I get a quick picture of what's available.

Cheers,
John G

J.L. Gordon
Department of Anthropology
The University of Western Australia
Nedlands, WA, 6907 AUSTRALIA

fax: +61 9 380 1062 tel: +61 9 380 2850 email:
jgordon@xxxxxxxx