Selecting text with Enhace

Nathan Sivin wanted to know why the prompt-line hyphen and equal
sign
(indicating selection of text) don't work as expected with the
ENHANCEments.
 Very interesting question. I traced it to the ENHANCE.SET file,
in which I redefined the DF function call to always extend an
existing selected block to the current cursor location. In my
setup, at least, I was able to restore the expected fuctioning of
the hyphen and equal sign by deleting the FF function call. (On
some setups, you'll need to copy ENHANCE.SET to
ENHANCE.TMP, modify the TMP file, save and load the TMP file,
copy the TMP file to the .SET file, and load the .SET file.
Otherwise you get a sharing error.) I had put in the FF in a
vain attempt to keep the select highlight from fragmenting when
moving the cursor fast. (If you get fragmented highlights with
the mouse, hit numberpad 5 a couple of times to refresh the
screen.)

Many thanks to Nathan for putting ENHANCE thru its paces!

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx