Re: List Archives at XyWWWeb sizes

" ----------------------------------------
" [Carl Distefano:]
"
" >The archives of this list for 1994-98, which were deleted from the
" >U.Pa. server earlier this year, can now be downloaded from XyWWWeb
" >http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/. Use your browser's Find function
" >to search for "Other Sites", then page down to the archive links.
" ----------------------------------------
"
"   Could someone please tell me if I'm missing something about this?: I found
" the right place, with links for each year's files; but when I click on them,
" instead of going somewhere where I can get those files, my computer just seems
" to slow down to a complete halt, as if it's going to take weeks for the link to
" fully activate. (The coloured bar at the bottom showing progress in going to
" the new place is partly filled in, but stops getting bigger.)

	Others have suggested ways to download and unzip.
	Various downloaders, (if you know the address of the
	file to get) from
  #Linkname: Simtel.Net - Keith Petersen's Worldwide Shareware
  #    Distribution Network
  	http://www.simtel.net/simtel.net/
  #and
	http://www.tucows.com

	Might be useful

"             Regards,
"              Michael Edwards.
---------------
	sizes
   * [138]1998  (226K)
   * [139]1997  (496K)
   * [140]1996  (783K)
   * [141]1995 (1,472K)
   * [142]1994  (373K)
	addresses
  Linkname: 1998
  and so                /XYLST97.ZIP and so on

  and there is also the link to the U.Penn site
  Linkname: archives of the XyWrite discussion

	a gopher
	with further (later 1999, 2000) archives
	and files, programs such as

(FILE) [1]catalog.doc(FILE) [2]db.doc
(FILE) [3]dialog.xxe
(FILE) [4]dirlong.xxe
(FILE) [5]ez.xxe
(FILE) [6]hardnum.scr
(FILE) [7]inout.doc
(FILE) [8]int2str.xxe
(FILE) [9]kbd-pm.txt
(FILE) [10]kbdmacro.xxe
 (DIR) [11]log0003
 (DIR) [12]log9901
 (DIR) [13]log9902
 (DIR) [14]log9903
 (DIR) [15]log9904
 (DIR) [16]log9905
 (DIR) [17]log9907
 (DIR) [18]log9908
(FILE) [19]rexxpl.scr
(FILE) [20]rh.xxe
(FILE) [21]rm.xxe
(FILE) [22]saveget.lst
(FILE) [23]sesame.xxe
(FILE) [24]shlab.xxe
(FILE) [25]smart252.scr
(FILE) [26]trio.xxb
(FILE) [27]trio.xxe
(FILE) [28]u.lst
-- press space for next page --

	And has anyone tried the web recently
	for XYwrite

	www.google.com    a current favourite engine
   Google results 1-10 of about 1,484 for xywrite. Search took 0.07
                 seconds.
	or
	www.alltheweb.com
   4286 documents found - 0.0612 seconds search time

	google sorted by 'PageRank', alltheweb by something
	similar rating by links-to or popularity

	www.yahoo.com    Web Pages  (1-20 of 767)
	www.altavista.com  1,730 pages found.

	You might try the other form "xy-write" of our
	favourite word-processor. Or mistypings such
	as xywite, xyrite, xyw, wywrite, xyright, etc.

	Northern Light found  1,737 items for: xywrite
"Your search returned 1,737 items which we have organized into the
  following [19]Custom Search Folders:
      [folder2.gif] [20]Search Current News
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [21]Special Collection documents
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [22]upenn.edu
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [23]Computer software industry
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [24]Data & File formats
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [25]Shareware directories
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [26]Microsoft Windows operating systems
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [27]APL
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [28]Publishing & Printing industry
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [29]Telecommunications industry
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [30]PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [31]Surgery
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [32]Audio file formats
  [t.gif] [folder2.gif] [33]all others...

  US Patent 5,924,090
	 What's this patent? Anyone know?
					Daniel Say