Re: capital search

Suggestion: since xy files are (almost) pure ascii, why not program what you want in perl and run it as a child process out of XyWrite? Perl deals with regular-expression wildcards, ascii ranges, etc., and would seem to be ideal for text tweaks that XyWrite's XPL doesn't handle.
Morris: Here's a kludgey idea that would work: I can write and compile a
BASIC program that would identify whether a letter is a cap, and if it is,
put a unique symbol (such as ^) before it. Then when you open the file in
Xy, you'd run an XPL program to stop at every ^, and then the pgm would
give you options of what to do with it, and wipe out the ^ (or you could do
a ci /^// yourself when satisfied all is right).

I'd be happy to write the program for you if you are interested.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx