Re: U2 FREE frame

Carl,

Thanks for the updating. FREE works fine here.

In recent builds of vDos-lfn the DOS DIR command will properly report the free disk space (and volume label) in directory listings instead of reporting a fake free space (and a fake volume label) as in original vDos. However, I noticed that the U2 FREE frame seems to use the result from the XY DIR command instead of the DOS DIR command, but the result from the XY DIR command can never exceed 2GB. Furthermore, I think the easiest way to get the actual free disk space within vDos-lfn is to use the @DISKFREE variable function (e.g. "ECHO %@DISKFREE[C:]"). Perhaps the U2 FREE frame can use this to get the correct free disk space too.
Wengier, thanks for pointing this out; I've taken your suggestion. Now frame FREE uses @DISKFREE if vDos-lfn is running; otherwise, it reads the "bytes free" line from a Windows directory listing. In either case, the free-space report should be accurate. The revised frame is attached (FREE.FRM). As usual, CAll it in XyWrite, do DFA to highlight the entire file, then ADD2U2 to add it to U2. I've also updated the U2 archives: For new users (or users running U2 v122 or earlier): http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/XYWEB124.ZIP For users running U2 v123 or v124: http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/U2VER124.ZIP Unzip all files into the directory with EDITOR.EXE. Overwrite existing files. The current U2 archives include several recent "stealth" revisions, so I recommend updating when you have a chance. -- Carl Distefano cld@xxxxxxxx