Multiple wordprocessors

Like many of you, I too perfer XyWrite for serious work, but live
in an environment where most people think WordPerfect is the only
wordprocessor imaginable. My solution has been to keep a current
version of WP on my machine (yes, I own it --- academic pricing,
you know) as a kind of overweight conversion program.

I generally strip all page layout codes from the beginning of
XyWrite files and replace all style codes with text labels such
as ?begin{quote} and ?end{quote}. Then the XyWrite 4.012 export filter to
WP (whoops! I can't remember which one.) does a good job with
footnotes, italics and typesetting quotation marks. A little hand
clean-up in WP gives me a document the rest of the world
recognizes.

Having said that, my current preference is to use XyWrite for all
editing and LaTeX for formatting... an amazing combination.

Anyone else using XyWrite and LaTeX? I customized my XyWrite
keyboard file so that my normal keystrokes produce LaTeX
formatting codes instead of XyWrite. And I'm working on a
simple-minded conversion "program" in XPL.

Myron