Re: impex & TTG

Hello Annie and all;

Well I felt is was time to add a voice to the frey. I have been
hearing a lot of dissatisfaction with the TTG and I have to say I
am in that boat as well.
 > deadline and the message I left with the voicemail-from-hell was never
> returned, so to continue I made a quick run to the software store for w4w.
> Hardly my first such or worst experience with TTG. I remember them all every
> time I open a TTG mailing. Sorry, Tech Group, I spent my xyWin budget on w4w.

This reminds me of my experience trying to get a working version
of XyWrite 4  and any version (working or not) of Orbis. I had
to wait about one year for
Orbis after I paid for it and that "new" version still doesn't
really work.
The folly that I had to go though to get Orbis and a working
upgrade was rediculous and I have to admit that I got so annoyed
that I made an extremely large ass of myself. I did finally get
a "sorta" working copy, but there are so many damn bugs in the
software that after using it for any length of time, it freeks
out and I have to restart the programme.

> When I posed a thorny question, even if it had no remedy Xyquest *always*
> gave me an answer. At first I was grateful to TTG for keeping xyWrite alive,
> but Jeff Ramsay is the only one there whose attitude suggests to me that TTG
> gives a damn about the fragile user base. I didn't even register xyDos 4. Why
> bother? Sales and tech support in early v4 days persuaded me that for
> practical purposes xyWrite is already an orphaned app.

I have tried to talk to tech support about fixes and work
arounds, etc., but not to much avail. I agree, talking to
XyQuest, you always got an answer. Now, they say that they will
get back to you and never do.
And that damn voice mail is the most horrific I have ever faced.

By the way, I am trying to write this as calmly and concisely as
possible, as I don't think many are interested in my spoutings.
I am sorry that the TTG people don't think that the graphics
conversion package is that important, I do, as I need it to
convert screen captures for the manuals
I write. I am sorry they don't think that the user base is
intelligent enough to keep them informed of the latest
developments and I am sorry that this product seems to be on its
deathbed, as I really don't see any products out there that can
replace it (and I have looked).

With all of the dissent, perhaps Kennith Frank will talk to us,
but I won't hold my breath.

        Carter Campbell
        campbelc@xxxxxxxx