Re: XY-4 and OS/2 Experience

Nathan Sivin said:
 <
 < David Auerbach:
 <
 < Are you using OS/2 for Windows? That is where the conflicts have
 < occurred. I have heard of none with plain OS/2 2.1, and found no problems
 < when I tried XYDos with it.
 < I did used plain 2.1 with no problems (I did take a little time getting
used to os/2 and tweaking some dos settings; but then I had never used a real
operating system before nor a GUI). I am no using the warp beta (which is os/2
for windows, i.e. without windows). That's what I'll stick with; I used 2.1
because it came out before os/2 for windows. I actually, when I used 2.1, threw
away the windows stuff in it. I can certainly send you a copy of my
dossettings if you'll need them (though I doubt it). My XyWrite session under
os/2 has its own autoexec.bat that loads ultravision and when I use XyWrite I
have used pretty much all its capabilities, and as I said before, it seems more
stable. Of course my pure DOS days are fading in memory.

-- Voice: (919) 515-6331               David D. Auerbach
Master-Alias: David_Auerbach@xxxxxxxx       Box 8103 Actual Address:
auerbach@xxxxxxxx       NCSU local address: auerbach
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103