Re: Zeos Pocket PC & XyWrite??

>What can you tell me about the Pocket PC? Does it work well with
>XyWrite 3.5x? I'm in the market for a small, light, energy efficient,

  They're only available used now -- and there was a later model
than mine made by Prolinear with a 386 -- the Zeos is only a 8088
at 4.7hz, but fast enough for writing. Touch typable keyboard,
about the smallest one there is, really -- and just barely, you
type about 3/4 speed. Battery life was too short, also, I
thought. Only two AAs, should have had 4. But they're for sale
occasionally on the palmtops newsgroup for about $250. Have two
PCMCIA slots, no drives, !meg ROM w/DOS5, MS-WORKS, and then 1
meg of RAM.

>touch-typable computer for straight text editing. XyWrite is by far
>the best editor I've seen. What can I put it in/on? I'm looking to
>write and edit XyWrite and LaTeX files to be formatted and printed on
>my 486 at home.

  I think I'd rather have a Compaq Aero. Not quite as small,
but not nearly so limited either. I got a Compaq Concerto because
I wanted the 486, big HD, and the pen, but it's way too heavy.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.