OFFSET (OF)

I'm having a problem with the offset command, and I noticed a message #3663
that referred to the same problem - maybe I'm asking the prog to do something
it can't? I'm printing a document to a HPLJIII which will be reproduced on
double-sided, three-hole punched paper. I'd like the odd number pages to be
offset to the left, and the even number pages offset to the right. If I put in
an , all pages are offest to the right. Wrong! What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for the asistance. Dan Bibel