Re: Linux and XyWrite

There is a version of DosBOX which runs under windows. It is not perfect but seems to be getting
better and there are two or three front ends available for it (I tried D-Fend) which make it
relatively straightforward to configure. I played around with it earlier today and could get both
XY3 and XY4 operating in full screen. I can even supply sufficient extended memory to run the UK
Microlytics dictionary under XY4 which I cannot do using the Windows 2k DOS box on my current
machine. It seems to me that this, or another emulator will extend the life of XYWrite on Windows
when hardware becomes a problem. Since DosBOX is open source, it might even be possible to help
influence its development to accomodate what we need for XYWrite.

Paul Breeze