AUTO-CORRECT

Chris: Who has patented auto-correct and auto-replace functions? Can the patent
holders program be used from within XyWrite? Can XyWrite enter into an
agreement with the patent holder to retain this function? Did XyWrite use any
code from the patent holder? Can a word processing idea per se (i.e, the auto
functions used in 3.55) be patented?" It would seem to me that under such a
logic, the first company that produced a spreadsheet or a database, etc., could
prevent others from writing comparable software under the (dubious) theory that
these ideas were already under patent. Will XyWrite IV include these functions?
(I use them instead of style sheets and I would be most reluctant to give them
up.)