Re: Cursor Moves

Pam Upton wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Harrison, Shawn wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that there seems to be no built-in function by which Xy
will
>> move up and down by paragraphs. This is a function I really like in
Word
>> (gasp!!! don't shoot me). So, I've added the functions to my keyboard
>> file for alt-up and alt-down. Here are the appropriate lines of the
>> keyboard file (100 is the up arrow, 102 is the down arrow):
>
>Well, I started to dash off a quick answer saying "Oh, yes, you can do
that."
>Then I decided to try it in XyWin, and you're right--there doesn't
appear to
>be such a function. But I knew I had been able to do just that (move up
and
>down by paragraphs) in Xy3+ by using Alt-PgUp and Alt-PgDn. I checked
my old
>3+ keyboard file and found the following key assignments in the Alt
table for
>93 and 97 (PgUp and PgDn): 93=NI,PP and 97=NI,NP.

Whaddayaknow. XyWrite DOES have a built in function to move up and down
by paragraphs. I guess I didn't know about it because it must have been
edited out of my keyboard file before I arrived (I am not the original
installer of my software). The built-in function works even better than
my hacked macros (of course). Thanks, Pam!

Shawn Harrison
Associate Editor
Tyndale House Publishers
shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx
"The legal system is not fun, but it *is* an improvement
over duals and feuds." --Harvey Harrison, attorney