Cursor Moves

Hi, everyone.

I've noticed that there seems to be no built-in function by which Xy will
move up and down by paragraphs. This is a function I really like in Word
(gasp!!! don't shoot me). So, I've added the functions to my keyboard
file for alt-up and alt-down. Here are the appropriate lines of the
keyboard file (100 is the up arrow, 102 is the down arrow):

	100=BC,r,u,n, ,c,:,\,x,y,\,a,l,t,-,u,p,.,p,r,o,XC
	102=BC,s,e, ,",?0A,",XC

I believe ?0A is the linefeed character. As you can see, alt-down is very
simple. But alt-up required a short program, which I have called
ALT-UP.PRO (very original, eh?). Here is the text of that program:

	BC CC CL BC seb "_0A"XC ®if®er¯¯TF ®gl2¯®ei¯CR
®lb2¯

Again, I believe _0A refers to the linefeed character -- I'm not sure why
there is a difference in this listing, but it works as shown. Of course,
you'll have to convert the two-letter codes to higher ASCII and remove
the spaces after those codes (which I have inserted here for your
viewing). Assuming the PATH to ALT-UP.PRO is correct in the keyboard
file, you should be able to restart XyWrite and be moving by paragraphs
happily, as I now am!

Enjoy!
Shawn

Shawn Harrison
Associate Editor
Tyndale House Publishers
shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx
"The legal system is not fun, but it *is* an improvement
over duals and feuds." --Harvey Harrison, attorney