Re: DOS v Win encoding

Robert Holmgren wrote:
Does this work on dial-up too? Obviously, one would have to be online at the time.

It works if you're connected. (Strong temptation to be
sarcastic here, but I'm resisting it mightily.)
Be sarcastic if you want; I can take it. But WHY? I _said_ one would have to be online (=connected). Is there, perhaps, some subtle geekish distinction between "online" and "connected"?
 Desktop windows require installation, in the system
Fonts folder, via the folder's Install New Font utility, of 1252
console font(s), like the one attached hereto. Then, with
XyWrite already running in a window, right-click the upper-left
icon of the window ==> Properties ==> Font ==> select Raster
fonts ==> Size 9x16 ==> at bottom of tab it should say "Selected
Font: cP1252". Manuel made a nice large 1252 font, that almost
fills the Desktop @ 1280x1024. There are other choices as well.

OK, that's crystal clear, but what did you mean on 6/4/08, when