Re: Windows registry cleanup tools - PowerQuest Drive Image

Wolfgang Bechstein wrote:

In my case, that was not true at all. I have created bootable Acronis CDs
(from version 8 onwards) both under Win98 and Win XP, and was never
asked for any such thing.
This is really weird. It doesn't now ask for the boot
floppy, but I could have sworn that it did when I first
ran it. I have vers. 8.0: the original setup.exe (on
the CD) was dated 1/18/05. Some months ago, it suddenly
stopped recognizing my CD, and Acronis tech support
told me to download a patch from their Website. I did
so, and it updated everything to 12/1/05, version
reported as 8.0.0.937. So either my original 8.0 had a
bug (as .0 apps are notorious for doing) or I imagined
the whole thing (which is scary).
The great thing about Acronis is that it is very much
partition-based. So much so that the docs claim (I've
never actually had occasion to test this) that you can
restore a partition image to a different-sized
partition (and resize the partition in doing so) on
that or a completely different drive. Can Ghost do that?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx