RE: Xy-Word Conversion

Paul asked about getting two sets of footnotes into Word. Hmm. I've never
had to deal with that, and when I tried just now, I couldn't even get a
double set by converting to WordPerfect. WP, Word, and RTF conversions
all had just one set, which included all the notes in one numbering
sequence, even though I had set up two sets (one with arabic and one with
roman numbers, one footnotes and one endnotes) in the Xy file. Does Word
even support both footnotes and endnotes?I couldn't find anything about
it in the help (hah!) files, but then I use Weird as little as possible
and can claim no expertise there. A workaround would be to strip one set
to a separate file (U2 has a routine for this), then cut and paste them
back in in Weird. Let me try what WordPort does. If it can manage this, I
may partially forgive the company's cavalier attitude about its failings.
Patricia