Re: Saving files; off-topic

"Patricia M. Godfrey" wrote:

> I'm a tad puzzled about all the discussion of saving all files. The
> routine that Tim describes as requiring the use of the menus can also be
> achieved (in the out-of-the-box keyboard for XyWDos 4.017) with CTL+L: it
> takes a snapshot of your system, saves all open files, and gives you a
> choice of continuing or exiting XyWrite. When you want to return to the
> status quo ante, hit Ctrl+L again, and you get a choice of saving or
> restoring a session.

Please, everyone, do not make the assumption that our KBD files had or have a given
item ! (I can guarantee you that this one was never in my Kbd., where the CTRL
table has been *packed* with my own macros since at least the Xy-3 days.) Always do
what Carl routinely does: quote the whole string assignment that is / was found on
said key combination. Of course, looking these things up should be easier, now that
an archive of default KBD files has been posted on the List, but this will still
save time looking things up.

Jordan