Re: Saving files; off-topic

Patricia Godfrey: "The
routine that Tim describes as requiring the use of the menus can also be
achieved (in the out-of-the-box keyboard for XyWDos 4.017) with CTL+L: it
takes a snapshot of your system, saves all open files, and gives you a
choice of continuing or exiting XyWrite."

The Ctrl+L routine *is* what I write in the menu/dialog system; the Ctrl+L key combo is just another
way of accessing it. If Ctrl+L works the way you describe, then you're loading the menu and dialog
files in your Startup.int file. The remark I made about those brave/foolhardy enough to use
menus/dialogs was an acknowledgment that many XyUsers eschew the dialog boxes in favor of the
command line or their own custom solutions. The great thing about XyW is that it can be so many
things to so many people.

I'm glad you like the save/restore routine. I had a blast writing it.

Tim Baehr