Re: A Critique of Word & Co.

Irene Silverman wrote:

> Jordan wrote:Oh, that reminds me. Do you (or anyone else reading
> this) happen to
> know what is the latest version of I.E. that is compatible with W98
> SE
> ? Also, what is the latest version of Windoze Media Player that
> will
> work with SE ? I have both IE6 and WMP 9.0 running smoothly with
> Win98 SE. Irene

Thanks, Irene, that's good to know. Actually, I'd rather use Mozilla,
if I dared to venture online from that platform. I suspect that most
of the Win app.s I want to be able to run could work on W98. It was,
in my experience, a fairly resilient platform. In view of the
problems I've been having with W2K lately, the possibility of
downgrading had crossed my mind. There are a few drawbacks. The
security aspects might not be that much lousier with 98. Perhaps the
hackers have moved on by now, considering 98 to be ancient history and
hardly worth bothering with.

Jordan