Microjustification Settings

Is there any way to defeat letterspacing in XyWin? I could do it in Xy4 by
setting the SC and SF values to 8, but changes in these values in XyWin seem to
have no effect. This is because Windows takes over this part of the job from
the XyWin driver? I don't like to see letterspacing used to justify, would
rather have wide wordspacing now and then--this is standard typographic
practice--and feel a little handicapped in XyWin. I have the recent upgrade.