Re: NB 8

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Sun, 09 Apr 2006
17:56:59 -0400

> >Assume you're using NB8 GA.
>
> What is "GA"?

General Availability. The official, public version.

> BTW, I think I've found an error in README.HTM: when you
> talk about turning off Auto Correct, you have "pfun" where
> it should be "func". Or else I'm missing something.

Your memory? I'm talking there about inserting function AC into a document.
How is the FUNC command going to do that? PFUN puts functions in text; FUNC
executes functions. So unless you want to do a ring around the rosy with
 BX func acQ2 ;*;
pithy people would prefer to see
 AC ;*;
in NBSTART.INT|PM.

> The cursor goes to the document (or empty white
> screen) at times when I want it to stay on
> the CM line.

Yes, well, Xy4 does that too sometimes, and you just can't prevent it. The
ABort command, for example, forces the cursor to text. NB does it more often.
Soooo... assuming you know this is going to happen... you code the keystroke
with the command and then func GH GoHeader. Or you hit your func CC key. Big
deal.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx