Re: Off topic question...Tame related.

I had this problem, but I did something that made it go away. I *think*
what I did was to remove a previous version of Tame (and maybe pre5),
probably using Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, then re-install pre5.
And/or, I re-booted.
In other words, a little of this style fiddling around, doing common-sense,
non-technical things, made the problem permanently disappear.
Pre5 needs a few minor tweaks, about which I've emailed Dave Thomas, but
otherwise, it's really working well for me.

--Harry
 I am having a problem getting TAME 5.1 pre 5 to function
 properly on my Think Pad laptop, while TAME works well on
 my desktop. The problem is this: Soon after I call up
 XY4 on my laptop and begin work, a box opens us and I am
 informed that NTVDM.EXE has encountered a problem, and the
 programme will be closing down. At this point, my cloice
 is to look at an info file documenting the problem (which
 is pure gibberish to me) or to close. I choose "close,"
 and I am bounced out of the programme and back into my
 desktop screen. This never happens on my desktop machine.
 Does anyone have a suggestion as to what might be going
 wrong on the laptop?

 M.W. Poirier

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx