Re: Patricia Godfrey, in memoriam

[Carl Distefano:]
We were saddened to hear that Patricia Godfrey, a long-time member
of this mailing list, died in December. All of us who knew her will
miss her erudite, gentle, and sometimes gently remonstrating voice.
Her integrity and love of knowledge shone through in everything she
said here. Sincere condolences to her family and friends.
   I'm sorry to hear this. I haven't posted here for a long time
now, but I did sometimes earlier on, when I obtained a copy of
XyWrite, and was considering adopting it as my main word processor /
text editor (that somehow never quite happened, though - I suspect I
just missed the XyWrite era, somehow), and I recall she was helpful
enough to answer some of the questions I had, and respond to some of
the points I raised for discussion.
   So I certain do remember Patricia quite well, and I did engage
in conversation with her occasionally, including privately once or
twice; and more recently I had been wondering why she hadn't posted
here for a while, and what had happened. So that is sad.
   I do recall her as someone who defended proper use of the
language, and tried to resist the tendency to erode proper usage which
you see all too often nowadays.
   Is there a picture of her anywhere on any web site?

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.