RE: BIGDIR.PM ?

flash wrote:

>Carl,
> I'd gladly open the file and test it, if I knew what to do with it.
> What's a *.PM?? Am I supposed to 'unzip' or something first?
> Flash

Gee, it's been a long time since we've had such wet-behind-the-ears newbies in our midst. I guess
we'll all have to type real slowly for awhile, till they (that means you too Avram) catch up.

= : > ))

But seriously...in the Xywrite world it's traditional to use "dot PM" as an extension for
macro files (I've always assumed it was short for "program", but I suppose it could be
short for "p-something macro). I use "dot mac"...but then I've never been much of a
follower...especially when I don't HAVE to. Xywrite is one of the few apps that doesn't require
particular extensions for their files. Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody, but I don't think there's a
single original Xywrite file (other than editor.exe) that needs an extension at all to function.

As for what, specifically, to do with it...open it in Xy...the (not very clear for newbies)
instructions are at the top. What to do with macros, in general, is to type on the command line, run
"filename". You may, or may not, get a satisfactory result. Marcos are used in a lot of
different ways.

OK...anybody else want to have fun with the new kids for awhile?

-Bry