Re: indexing puzzle

Kerala:

Clarification: I'm don't have a XyWrite machine nearby, but
my recollection is that when you index (or compile a TOC)
across several files, the transition from one file to the
next file carries an implied ≪PG≫ command. In other
words, there's a page break between files, rather than a
seamless continuation of text on the same (indexed|printed)
page. Ergo, there should NOT be a ≪PG≫ command at the end
of individual files; if you embed ≪PG≫ there, the result
will be two consecutive PageBreaks (i.e. a blank page).
That could also cause your problem...

At least, that's the way I remember it. Haven't made an
index in a loooong time...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx